Why we need your help:
- Interest in our projects is expanding so we need to raise more funds to cover these
- We often have to show we are match funding to apply for other grants so help secure this is useful.
- Core costs are often hard to cover with specific grants so our own fundraising is essential in supporting Hope’s work
- Each town we have projects in has their own local activities we can be present at. A team is vital to enable this to happen to raise awareness and funds
- We always need more creative fundraising ideas!
Amount of time required:
As fits your diary
Event times vary from all day to a couple of hours
How do we raise funds?
- Collect and sort good quality second hand toys to sell at fair stalls, in Mabel’s Emporium (Burgess Hill) and on Facebook
- Run fair stalls and tables at local events in the towns where we have our projects. These raise our profile whilst fundraising through fun and games, toys for sale and offering free sensory play activities.
4 ways to get involved
1. Join a team
- Sort toys ready for stalls and selling
- Sell second hand toys online on behalf of Hope
- Help maintain the Mabel’s Emprorium toy stall
- Coordinate/ be part of a small team to run a stand at a fair or similar event
2. Bank of helpers
- Join a list ready to be called on to help our teams with the running of events and stalls
3. Do your own thing…Anything Goes to raise a few pennies for Hope
- Choose your own way of doing things…there are lots of ideas if you search ‘fundraising ideas’
- Let us know so we can see how we can support with our logo, other information or promote your event on our social media
- Set up a regular direct debit – we value this as it lets us plan ahead
What we hope you will gain from this role:
- Fun times working with a group of people on an event
- A sense of achievement, knowing funds will help reach families in need
- A belief that the work of Hope is worth the effort it takes to fundraise
Other relevant information:
If you have any previous experience and some time, we would be glad of your help to fill in grant application forms